Monday, June 14, 2010

Addicted to Garage Sales

Hi my name is Melissa and I am addicted to Garage Sales. I am so excited to share my  great deals with all of you. I was fortunate to go to 3 neighborhood garage sales and a barn sale. 

This is what my little, 1999 Saturn looked like after I hit the garage sales. It was tricky getting that wicker chair in the front seat but by golly I did it. Notice the chair leg sticking out of the window. I had to roll the window down and leave it down in order to get this puppy to fit. At least it didn't rain until the last 5 minutes of my drive home.

Here are some group pictures of all the treasures that I found. I am loving this wicker chair and table. I have already spray painted it and will post about it when I get a chair pad for it.
Here are some close up pictures. I love those ice skates, they are going to be used at Christmas time for decoration. The 2 little tea light lanterns are going to be so cute on my patio.  I have always liked globes but I did not want a big one, found this little guy and it looks perfect on my foyer table.
 I also found 2 jean skirts. I bought them both because I couldn't decide between the two of them.  One is from Old Navy and the other is Silver.  Also, found this black Coach purse for $10.00. I am not sure if it is a real Coach or not but it was still a cute purse.

Here is a better picture of the wicker table.


Total Costs:
Wicker Chair = $10.00
Wicker Table = $10.00
Coach Purse = $10.00
(2) Tea Light Lanterns = $2.00
Ice Skates = $3.00
(2) Denim Skirts = $3.00
Mini Globe = $.25
Total = $38.25

I am linking to:
southern hospitality  http://linda-coastalcharm.blogspot.com/

19 comments:

  1. It's sooooo much FUN making our treasures fit in our cars...hope you didn't get too wet! Luv that table and chair...great price you got there! Thanks for coming to NTT...hope you are having a fun time:)

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great bargains. I love that wicker set. It's going to be so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you found some awesome stuff! i am totally jealous of the skates...i have been looking for an old pair to use at christmas too:-) love love love your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you did awesome girl!!! love the wicker chair!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great finds! I love the globe, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I found your blog through the CSI Project. Love you ideas and projects! I'm following you now and I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay I have to laugh. You should have seen my car on Saturday. It is small but fortunately 4 doors and let's just say that it is a good thing I am small because a lot of my treasures sometimes are in the driver's seat with me. Honestly, I need a truck, or maybe make that a U-haul. Thanks for sharing. I love the wicker.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Melissa first off thanks so much for linking to my party...I so appreciate it. I laughed, I had a Saturn and the fact that you crammed that stuff in there....you must have looked like Sanford and Son driving down the street lol! Love all your finds...the skates...I saw someone at X-mas time hang them on a sled and put near their front door...it was so cute. Thanks again...are you painting the wicker table?:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so funny about your chair and your car! Glad you got it all to fit! Great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love, love love all of your treasure finds!! The wicker pieces are fantastic!! And I love the skates. I have a pair tied onto my childhood sled and I use it on my front porch for Christmas and then keep it out there for most of the winter!!

    Great job with your junkin!!LOL!!

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stopping by from debbiedoos!! I'm wanting some wicker chairs and table but haven't been lucky enough to find them at that price yet!! Great finds!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. HAPPY PINK SATURDAY MELISSA,
    I JUST DROPPED BY TO TELL YOU HI AND WELCOME ABOARD. I DID A LITTLE THING ON MY BLOG TO HAVE PEOPLE WELCOME YOU TO PINK SATURDAY.
    HOPE YOU HAVE A WONDERFUL FATHER'S DAY WEEK-END.
    I LOVE ALL YOUR GOODIES YOU FOUND AT AWESOME PRICES.
    ANGEL HUGS
    SIMPLY DEBBIE

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think I would be addicted to garage sales if I found things like that each time! WOW-you did really well!

    Best wishes and happy weekend,
    Natasha.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great finds! I know the feeling about stuffing your car. Thank God for seats that fold down!

    ReplyDelete
  15. the laterns and the globe were my favorite! you had a fabulous day that day!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You really did find a lot of great stuff. I also suffer from a Garage Sale addiction and I wish we had barn sales out where I live!

    I love how you got the chair to fit - Nice Work!!!

    I am going to follow you - your blog looks like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  17. thanks for the comment on my cellphone holder! You'll totally run across one now!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I really do read all of your comments and appreciate each one of them. :)