Thursday, August 29, 2013

Updating Dining Room Chairs

Sorry, for not writing a real blog post in two weeks! The month of August has just flown by and my life has been kind of crazy. I am really looking forward to Labor Day weekend  to just relax.  I am also anxious for the month of September because I can start breaking out the fall decorations. I have been working on several projects and have been able to mark them off of my list. The one project that I have been wanting to get done was painting my "free" dining room chairs.  Yep, you read that right FREE! Have you all heard of Freecycle? Well, if you haven't you really should go check it out. It's basically like Craigslist but everything is free. I was able to score four farm style chairs. Can you believe somebody wanted to get rid of these?


I really love the style of the farmhouse chairs, but not excited about the light wood seats. The chairs also didn't exactly go with my table. So, I gave the chairs a few coats of spray paint using my favorite go to color, "Heirloom White" by Rustoleum. It's not too bright and not too beige.


Here is a picture of what the chairs look like that came with the table. The table was actually my grandparents that they bought in the 1930's. The chairs are very pretty but they are creaky and they seemed too small for the table. I also wanted something that would also fit in with the rest of my house. 


I think the farm style chairs add a lot more character to the table and I like that the chairs are a different color than the table. I also found the two blue chairs at the head of the table at Target. They are super comfy and were easy to put together. I was a little worried that they weren't very durable but they have seemed to hold up well. I was able to get mine on sale for $70 for each chair!



I want to repaint my dining room and foyer now and add moulding, but that will have to wait until this winter. I love that the only thing I bought were the two chairs from Target. 

I hope you all have a relaxing weekend and are enjoying these last few weeks of summer!

By Stephanie Lynn



14 comments:

  1. Wow Melissa you can't beat free those came out awesome! I really love the contrast with the table. That is so awesome you have your grandparents table :) and I'm loving your new target chairs too, you did a beautiful job in your dining room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Melissa i love those chair!! Great Job!,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those chairs look awesome. I love what you did with those chairs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just wanted to thank you for sharing this great post, All your projects look wonderful.furniture company UK

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing the tips and knowledge! This is so helpful and informative! You gave me more insight on this. I would love to see more updates from you.

    Exterior Painting Services

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blogs are great.Are you also searching for philosophy of nursing? we are the best solution for you. We are best known for delivering nursing writing services to students without having to break the bank.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My husband was diagnosed with early onset Parkinson's disease at 57.his symptoms were shuffling of feet,slurred speech, low volume speech, degradation of hand writing, horrible driving skills, right arm held at 45 degree angle, things were tough for me, but now he finally free from the disease with the help of total cure from ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC, he now walks properly and all symptoms has reversed, he had trouble with balance especially at night, getting into the shower and exiting it is difficult,getting into bed is also another thing he finds impossible.we had to find a better solution for his condition which has really helped him a lot,the biggest helped we had was ultimate life clinic they walked us through the proper steps,am highly recommended this www.ultimatelifeclinic.com to anyone who needs help.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, really nice. I really need these chairs. I got a good decision to buy a nice chair. Thank you. Now it's time to avail Hayatte Luxury Services for more information.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like these types of chairs. These chairs draws our attention very well. Now its time to avail roller shutter repairs for more information.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is one of the most marvellous blogs that I ever read. These decorations win my heart. I will share this with my family. Now it's time to avail Jupiter Florida Airport for more information.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The chair decoration is very beautiful. I really like that. I will share it with friends and family. Now it's time to avail Best 10 seat minibus hire in Dartford for more information.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I really do read all of your comments and appreciate each one of them. :)