Thursday, October 10, 2013

Pinecone Garland

Happy Thursday Friends! I don't know if I told you this already, but I love fall. I think October is my favorite month of the year. The weather has just been beautiful and the trees are changing colors. I wish it could stay fall all year long. My pine trees as you might remember from my pinecone wreath finally produced enough pinecones this year to fill several buckets full. I have been trying to come up with ways to use them in my seasonal decor. I thought it would be kind of fun to make garland to fallify (totally not a word) my entryway. 


This was such an easy project. I think it took maybe 30 minutes from start to finish.


SUPPLIES

Dollar Tree Leaves 
Pinecones
Hot Glue Gun


The first thing I did was cut my twine, I cut mine to about 6 ft. 



Next, I tied the twine around the pinecone and added a little hot glue to the tie to hold it in place. I tied the twine closer to the top of the pinecone. I just kept adding pinecones until I had enough to fill up the twine. 


Once I had all of the pinecones added to the twine I hot glued the leaves in between each pinecone.


I love how the garland turned out and it makes my entryway feel so cozy and fallish. I also love how cheap and easy this project was to make. 


6 comments:

  1. Hi Melissa is a cute idea!! Simple and beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. That garland is so cute and simple! Makes such a fallish statement indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute! I'm pondering ways to Christmasify this one...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw your blog. It's a great job. This Pinecones and beautiful leaves look amazing This information is very beneficial for us. Keep sharing your ideas. Now it's time to get services shutters in birmingham for more information.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really appreciate your post. It's fantastic and more informative. Pinecones are looking beautiful. Thanks for sharing this with us. It's time to know about 25th island of Greece for more details.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I really do read all of your comments and appreciate each one of them. :)